Search the Monster here!!

Thursday 7 July 2011

Facebook Says No To Google – No Friends Import!

This was bound to happen sooner or later; Facebook it seems doesn’t like the advance of Google’s new social network, Google+. According to some users, Facebook has disabled the capability that lets them import their friends into Google+

Many are speculating that Facebook doesn’t want to encourage it’s users to take up the new service by Google, but such an explicit effort to dissuade it’s user base is hardly going to be effective.

 Google has cleverly used the tactic of scarcity to build up anticipation for the new service, so clearly people are going to eagerly flock to it in order to see what the fuss is about. If Facebook is indeed the “better social network” then time and ultimately users will tell. After all, Twitter users didn’t suddenly abandon their accounts for Google Buzz. The same I suppose will be the case with Google+.

It would help Facebook to remember too, that when it comes to social networking and web-interaction in general, people’s loyalties are spread. Most people for example have an email address with both Yahoo and Gmail. But this move by Facebook raises a much larger concern: “Are my friends on Facebook, mine or are they Facebook’s?” I would have thought what I do with my friends is completely up to me. If Facebook, or any other social network for that matter is going to unilaterally decide what I can do with my contacts, I am not having it.

This tug of war between these two giants will continue for sure; one just hopes we don’t all become casualties of the war.

Watch the video below for quick look inside Google’s new weapon against Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us on FB and help us Grow!!